Can the subscriber be changed under an RESP?

Yes, a spouse/former spouse can replace the original subscriber in the event of marriage breakdown, if the separation or divorce is recognized by a decree, order or judgment.
It is also possible to change the subscriber after the death of the original subscriber for contracts that permit it and were entered into after 1997.