What do I need to do to open an RESP?

It’s simple! Just follow these 2 simple steps:
Obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN). You must have one for your child to open the RESP. There’s no fee. However, certain documents, such as a birth certificate or permanent resident card, are required.

  1. Choose an RESP provider that best suits your needs.  RESP providers include most financial institutions (such as banks or credit unions group plan dealers, and certified financial planners).  You can Book an Appointment online with us or call us at 403-225-8888 for more questions.